Just thought I should provide an update since we’ve made a lot of progress in the last few weeks.
We’ve redesigned the entire GUI. A windows and linux version appear below:
Jon K is working on making it more functional while the rest of us continue work on the back end code.
Some audio conversions using LAME are actually working now. Our program is able to take an input and output format, load an XML file describing how to call LAME, and execute the conversion properly. The XML format has come a long way and is far more general now.
For cross-platform support, we will be using Boost Threads and Boost Filesystem. Boost has been successfully compiled and incorporated into the project as of last week (November 01). For now, conversions will be run on up to 5 threads concurrently. This number will eventually be made to dynamically increase or shrink depending on how many cores the user has/performance with previous numbers of threads.
Still a lot more work to be done!
Edit: I found the large images and linked them.